MIHO MURAI, ESQ. provides the following services:
We provide legal representation to children and their families in accessing their rights to a quality education.
Some of the areas of representation include:
- Special education, i.e. requesting an initial assessment for special education, attending IEP meetings, attending Section 504 meetings, and representation at resolution sessions, mediations, and due process hearings;
- School discipline, i.e. contesting an expulsion, appealing a suspension, and contesting an opportunity transfer;
- Discrimination based on race, gender, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or religion at the school site; and
We also provide legal representation in the following areas:
- Immigration (Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), U Visa, Naturalization/Citizenship, Family-Based Immigration, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA))
- Dependency (i.e. children in foster care)
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Regional Center
We provide support to children and their families and help link them to community organizations and social services in order to improve their quality of life.
We provide consulting services to attorneys, advocates, non-profit organizations, and others in education law and policy and juvenile law (including dependency (i.e. foster care) and guardianship/adoption).
We conduct presentations to various entities, including non-profit organizations, community centers, parent organizations, and public libraries on a variety of subjects including general education advocacy, school discipline, special education, education advocacy for foster youth, and immigration relief for undocumented youth. If you would like to schedule a training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MM Law Clinic
We offer free education intake clinics at various non-profit organizations and community centers to provide brief service, sample forms, and referrals to social services. Please email email@example.com for upcoming free legal clinics.
**We strive to ensure that no one will be denied services due to lack of funds.**